Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Vision


I was sitting at my computer the other day, scrolling through my Facebook feed mindlessly as I often do. I was struck by how much of today's social media is directed at mothers, but more so that it founded in comparison.

Breast feeding mothers vs. formula feeding mothers
Vaccination mothers vs. non-vaccination mothers
Co-sleeping mothers vs. get the heck out of my bed(room) mothers

The problem with comparison is that NO ONE WINS. In most comparison cases both sides are on the offensive and defensive, which leaves little to no room for tolerance, patience, understanding or empathy.

As I sat there staring at my screen I was left longing for a space for moms to just be. A place to read funnies, feast on truth and unite as sisters. A place to validate and celebrate imperfection, courage and vulnerability.

Thus is the purpose of Project Good Mama.

I don't know what will come of it. I don't know if it will stay small or grow big, gain great attention or serve a few. I'm not really focused on that. I wanted to create this corner of the universe for myself as much for anyone else.

So here's to us!

Thank you for being here! Please feel free to find us on Twitter and Instagram @projectgoodmama.

Sidreis
Founder, Project Good Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment